Reverend Anthony Mtuaswa Johnson is well-known to the Sedona UU community, having participated in services after his move to the Sedona area and later serving as an intern minister prior to attending Starr King School for the Ministry. He received the Master of Divinity degree in 2018 and was officially ordained in October, 2020.
We are pleased to have him lead this congregation as our minister for 2021-22. Please visit this page frequently to read his monthly messages.
Reverend Anthony may be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about our Ministerial History.
- January 2022 – In Spite of It AllAs we say goodbye to 2021 and Greetings and Blessings to 2022, let us be grateful for all that is, in spite of it all. It is, and has been, a trying time to put it mildly. It is a Time of Tumult, arguably more tumultuous that any. Yet, I remind myself that, this too ......read more
- December 2021 – Shall We Dare?Much appreciation to all who participated in November’s “Poetry as A Spiritual Practice” worship service. It was such a joy and pleasure. Yes, we shall do it again! Today marks the first day of Hannukah, in the Jewish tradition, and reminds us of the Holiday Season that is upon us. Christmas is not far away ......read more
- October 2021 – Poetry as a Spiritual PracticeAs we continue our emergence from and recognize our present emergence within the Covid-19 pandemic, let us root our decisions in the values of consent and inclusion as our UUA asks of us. Honoring the arrival of our Fall Season, I offer the following self-reflecting poem as an invitation to all to submit your original ......read more
- September 2021 – No Matter WhatI’m picturing, as I am sure you have seen, one of those television weather reports where a reporter is standing in drenching rain with strong winds blowing so hard that they can barely keep their balance. Sometimes, these days may feel that way, even though our societal winds blow silently and unseen, their path can ......read more
- August 2021 – Honoring Our ExpectationsGreetings and Blessings to you all. It is an honor to have been selected to serve as your minister and to be able to make my contribution to the glorious, dedicated, and unique history of this Fellowship. It is so good to be with you all again. I recall the joy, the challenges, and the ......read more