JJ O’Brien, President of PFLAG Sedona/Verde Valley, invites the SUUF community to join in a virtual screening of the film “MAJOR!” on Friday Nov 20, the Transgender Day of Remembrance.
This event is sponsored by: Unify Sedona, PFLAG, Northern Arizona Restorative Justice & the Sedona International Film Festival.
- The event will begin at 3:30 pm MST on Zoom with an introduction to the film.
- The film itself will be shown at 4:00 pm MST at the Mary Fisher Theatre in West Sedona, or may be streamed in your home at any time. Visit the link below for further information about this documentary film, including a trailer, and to purchase either in-person theatre or streaming tickets. https://prod5.agileticketing.net/WebSales/pages/info.aspx?evtinfo=133489~e8932fbb-a9ae-4437-a638-ff0cf1793527&epguid=f7b94766-699c-4aa0-9f9b-8245a9cefc05&
- Please note that streaming tickets are available for a three-day pass, so it is suggested that you purchase your ticket 1-2 days prior to the event.
- Following the movie (approximately 5:35 pm MST), join us back on Zoom for the candlelight vigil and reading of the names of the siblings lost to violence in 2020.
- All ticket holders will receive the link to join in the pre- and post-film activity and conversation on Zoom.
All proceeds go to Peacework Medical, a free clinic in Phoenix for marginalized communities and gender-transitioning care.
Special note: participation in this event by 10% of SUUF Members & Friends will help to fulfill a requirement to maintain our status as a Welcoming Congregation.