Some believe that a group with the inclusive name “Sedona Unitarian Universalist Fellowship” must have only a vague or undefined set of ideas.
While SUUF is uniquely open-minded and big-hearted, it has a direction that unifies its members. SUUF affirms and promotes seven basic Principles–its cherished values and moral guides.
These Principles aren’t presented as dogma or doctrine—instead, they serve as helpful guides for people who choose to live in a just and kind way on our precious planet. The SUUF Principles support:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to share spiritual growth;
- Each individual’s free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The use of democratic processes within our congregations and in society at large;
- The vision of a world community with peace, liberty and justice for all; and
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence, of which we are a part.
[published in the Red Rock News on April 8, 2022]